Since the “Community Infrastructure Establishment” was launched by the Council for Cultural Affairs,
Executive Yuan, New Taipei City has nurtured residents’ “community awareness,” and enthusiastically
undertaken the promotion of the aforementioned master plan, community seed development and
guidance on community development. The efforts have gained the support of the people, invigorated local
cultural traditions, and improved the quality of life in the communities.
The dedication made by community partners in the city is manifested in the achievements in the
community development of New Taipei City and its rapid community growth. All of the success can be
attributed to community seed development. Through workshops, the master plan is promoted and
community development experiences are shared. Through the promotion of community development by
community seeds, the people’s concern for community is aroused and its residents’ common awareness
is enhanced in hopes of developing a more energetic community with cultural features from the
participation of the community residents, integration of community resources and development of
The directives of the Community Infrastructure Establishment in New Taipei City:
(1) Respond to the needs of future overall development of New Taipei City.
(2) Launch community development through consolidating government and community resources.
(3) Develop locally recognized themes for community development based on local features.
(4) Promote community integration and encourage the development of local inter-community teams.
(5) Develop an information platform for community development to integrate and accumulate experiences.